Get beautiful ear piercings without the risks of infections and allergic reactions at Skin Health Medi-Spa. Our professional piercers use the Blomdahl medical ear piercing system to guarantee a safe and effective application of jewelry to all patients. To know more about our ear piercing service, don’t hesitate to call us or send an online form to request an appointment in our Dover clinic.
What to Expect From Medical Ear Piercing at Skin Health Medi-Spa
An earring is one of the staple accessories that both adults and children wear almost every day. This piece of jewelry helps enhance one’s appearance and makes them look more stylish. Traditionally, they’re placed on the earlobe using piercing guns or needles but these methods are associated with a certain pain level.
If you’re a highly sensitive person, getting an ear piercing can be a challenge. With our team at Skin Health Medi-Spa, we can guarantee safe and tolerable ear piercing experience with the Blomdahl medical system.
All About The Blomdahl System For Ear Piercing
The Blomdahl medical ear piercing system is a special process that’s based on the “modern aseptic technique” in the healthcare industry. Following this medically-certified piercing system, our piercers use only safe, hygienic, and sterile products to avoid infections and allergic reactions during the earring application.
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, our medical ear piercing staff has undergone special training on how to properly and safely administer earrings to patients. We also take careful measures to prevent any issues, such as earlobe damage or inaccurate placement, when placing piercings to a child’s ears.
What Does the Procedure Look Like?
The Blomdahl system is typically performed by a medical doctor or someone with advanced medical experience and training. Our professional piercing staff can place your earrings in three simple steps:
- Marking the earlobe – The medical ear piercing process always begins with identifying the location where the accessory will be placed. Our specialist will assess your ears and mark the spot where you want the piercing to be placed with a surgical pen.
- Disinfecting the lobe – It’s important to place the new earrings on a clean surface. Before we start the earring application, we’ll thoroughly cleanse your skin with an alcohol swab.
- Piercing the ears – The Blomdahl system uses a sterile piercing instrument to make the experience more bearable and less scary for patients. You can expect to have your ears pierced at the same time so the process is over within minutes!
Benefits of Medical Ear Piercing
- Less painful piercing experience – The Blomdahl system takes the fear out of the ear piercing experience and guarantees a quicker and more comfortable application for patients. It’s also a gentler application method for children who are getting their earrings for the first time.
- Hypoallergenic materials – We use skin-friendly earring materials, such as pure medical-grade titanium and plastic earrings, to eliminate the risks of triggering nickel allergies.
- Faster healing process – Blomdahl’s earrings are designed with long posts to allow air to circulate around the new piercing and accelerate the healing process after application.
FAQs About Medical Ear Piercing
Q: Why are medical plastic and titanium earrings used?
A: Medical plastic earrings do not contain nickel, which ensures zero nickel exposure and minimizes the risk of allergy. Additionally, medical-grade titanium is the safest of all metals and prevents nickel from being released into the skin and underlying tissue. It’s also well-accepted by the body and is used in most implants and other medical applications.
Q: How long does it take for earring holes to become permanent?
A: In most cases, you’ll need to leave earrings in for 4 to 6 weeks after you get your ears pierced. If you remove your earrings earlier, the holes may close and you’ll need to have another piercing session.
Q: What is the right age to get your ear pierced?
A: There are no age restrictions when it comes to having a medical ear piercing. However, any minor patient under the legal age may require a guardian to sign written informed consent forms. Aside from the written permission, the legal guardian and parents should also make sure that the child understands the procedure and rules about aftercare instructions.
Get Safe and Beautiful Ear Piercings at Skin Health Medi-Spa
Experience the best medical ear piercing procedure with our professional team at Skin Health Medi-Spa. Consult with one of our specialists today to discuss your personal goals and know more about what to expect from the treatment. To book your appointment, you can call us at (603) 742 1980 or fill out our form on the website.