Schedule Bamboo Massages Near You
Bamboo is known for its many uses, like in furniture making and the creation of skincare products – you might even notice bamboo essences used in your lotion or cream at home. As a powerful healing tool in ancient China, Indonesia, and Japan, bamboo stalks also make for a great bodywork tool.
A warm bamboo massage is very soothing; the strokes stimulate sensational relaxation by putting medium pressure on the shoulder, neck, and back. Turn up the heat and melt away stress, tension, aches, and pains as you experience intense muscle relaxation with this advanced massage therapy technique.
Skin Health Medi-Spa: Your Reliable Provider of Bamboo Massage and Other Massage Therapy
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, we’re dedicated to guiding our patients throughout their deep relaxation and wellness journey to relieve pain and achieve optimal health as well. We provide high-quality warm bamboo massages and other spa treatments to help clients relieve muscle tension and relax better.
Our licensed massage therapist is trained and experienced in therapeutic arts, so you can trust us to perform the best bamboo massage technique for your needs. Each body treatment in Skin Health Medi-Spa is performed in a calming guest room for an enjoyable experience during your warm bamboo massage as well as our other spa services.
Find out if you’re qualified for this spa treatment today by talking to our professional massage therapist at Skin Health Medi-Spa to book an appointment.
Treating Your Concerns With Bamboo Massage
A bamboo massage is a technique that utilizes bamboo stalks of varying sizes to deliver a soothing and relaxing massage experience as you comfortably lie down on the massage table. The bamboo tools are used as an extension of a massage therapist’s fingers, thumbs, palms, and forearms. Bamboo can be used while providing many massage techniques, including a Swedish massage and trigger point therapy.
Long, soothing, rhythmical strokes are performed with warm bamboo sticks to stimulate blood flow while releasing tension in the specific problem area or throughout the body. Bamboo is a symbol of suppleness and resilience, so pairing these tools with massage therapy guarantees a relaxing and stress-releasing experience for you.
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, we offer warm bamboo massage treatments for $100 an hour. A 90 minute massage costs $125. We also provide the following massage therapy add-ons for an additional $15 per service:
- Scalp massage treatment with Doterra essential oils
- Steamed aromatic towels application to the hands, feet, back, and face
- Hydrating soy paraffin treatment for the hands or feet ($25 for both hands & feet)
- Cold and sinus aromatherapy
5 Benefits of Bamboo Massage for Your Body
- Relieves stiffness and muscle tension – Putting mild pressure on the problem areas of your body like the back, shoulder, and neck helps eliminate muscle stiffness and tension there.
- Improves blood circulation – Massaging the treatment with a warm bamboo stick helps blood flow through the veins and congested areas better, resulting in improved blood circulation throughout the body.
- Enhances sleep quality – Bamboo massage and other types of massage therapy stimulate the release of melatonin and serotonin, the hormones needed to reset your circadian rhythm and induce sleep.
- Repairs and nourishes the skin – Massage therapy also eliminates the tension between the skin and connecting tissues, allowing blood to reach your skin better. This results in a healthy glow, as well as improved skin tone and elasticity.
- Manages chronic pain symptoms – Bamboo massage treatments also help relieve chronic pain by interrupting the pain cycle and increasing the levels of endorphins. They also decrease tension in the muscles to reduce pain.
FAQs About Bamboo Massage
Q: Why is bamboo used?
A: Bamboo retains heat very well and gives massage therapists the ability to apply heat to problem areas, effectively relaxing the muscles and increasing the blood circulation there. A heated bamboo massage allows us to penetrate your muscles more deeply, making the massage more effective and relaxing. Additionally, bamboo grows quickly and is easily renewable, so it’s an affordable treatment that’s also great for the environment.
Q: Is the heat from the bamboo painful?
A: No, the bamboo sticks are only slightly heated. If the sticks are too hot on your skin, please let us know. The bamboo should not burn your skin and we want you to feel as comfortable as possible during your massage.
Q: How often should I get bamboo massage treatments?
A: This depends on the condition you want to treat with bamboo massage therapy. Most of our clients who have specific tension or strain in their muscles typically return every few weeks to experience pain relief.
Q: What kind of clothes should I wear for a bamboo massage?
A: We advise our guests to wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes as they arrive at our medspa for a bamboo massage treatment. But note that you might also be asked to remove your clothes and use a towel during the massage.
Reap the Benefits of Bamboo Massage at Skin Health Medi-Spa
Bamboo massage therapy has plenty of health benefits that you can take advantage of to improve your quality of life. For the best warm bamboo massage in New Hampshire and Main, consult our aesthetician or massage therapist at Skin Health Medi-Spa today.
In addition to bamboo massage, we also offer other kinds of spa treatments like hot stone massage, full body massage, body scrub, couples massage, spa facials, and more. Talk to our staff today to know more about our services or to book an appointment.