Excellent Massage Therapies Near You
Most people rely on pain medications when they’re sore or stressed. But sometimes, even pain relief medicines won’t be enough to get you through the day without wincing or feeling heaviness in your body. This is when a day in a spa with massage therapy sounds like a great idea.
Massage therapy is useful for pain relief, relaxation, and other benefits. And the best part about it is that you only need about an hour with a licensed massage therapist to relieve tension and feel more relaxed.
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, our staff has massage therapy accreditation so you can rely on us when it comes to different massage therapies based on your needs. Call us today to know more about our treatments or to book an appointment.
Skin Health Medi-Spa: Your Reliable Provider of Massage Therapy and Other Spa Services
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, we’re dedicated to guiding our patients throughout their healing and relaxation journey. We provide high-quality massage and spa treatments to help clients lower their stress levels, boost their mental health, manage pain, and improve their physical fitness.
Here are a few reasons why we’re one of the best providers of massage therapy and spa service in New Hampshire and Maine:
- Wide selection of services to choose from – We offer a variety of massage techniques to address various concerns on the body. From a simple therapeutic massage to something more complicated like prenatal massage and reflexology, you can experience the benefits of your chosen massage therapy or spa treatment thanks to our staff.
- Treatments by a licensed massage therapist – Our team of massage therapists have years of training in a massage therapy school and experience in the therapeutic arts. As we have mastered common massage therapies, you can trust us to help you achieve your desired results using the best massage technique.
- State-of-the-art treatment facilities – Each of our spa treatments are performed inside world-class facilities using high-end equipment to ensure your comfort and safety at all times. This allows us to provide our clients with excellent treatments and optimal results during every visit.
Treating Your Pain and Other Concerns With Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a part of integrative medicine and therapeutic arts that involve rubbing and kneading the client’s body using the hands or other tools. A therapist with a massage treatment licensure applies gentle or strong pressure on your joints and muscles to ease the tension buildup there, resulting in pain relief and relaxation.
Massage therapies come in different types that focus on different things – like the sports massage that targets the muscle groups you need in playing a specific sport or the trigger point therapy that releases the knot or tight spot in your neck and back.
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, we offer the following kinds of massage therapy for our clients:
- Couples Massage where you and your partner get massaged in the same room by different therapists, allowing you to spend a relaxing day together.
- Bamboo Massage is a soothing technique that uses warm bamboo sticks to stimulate blood flow and release tension throughout the body.
- Hot Stone Massage is a deeply relaxing method involving heated stones to calm the nervous system and relax muscles, resulting in improved blood circulation and reduced pain.
- Swedish Massage uses gentle stretching, kneading, and gliding strokes to increase relaxation, enhance circulation, improve movement, and reduce pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage utilizes a technique similar to Swedish massage therapy, but more pressure is applied to your body to reach the deeper tissues and release chronic muscle tension.
- Therapeutic Massage stimulates and soothes your body to help manage conditions like anxiety, stress, depression, digestive problems, and more.
- Reflexology applies pressure to your feet and hands to remove energy blockages and target the trouble areas of your body.
- Prenatal Massage reduces stress and promotes wellness for expecting mothers so they can give birth more comfortably.
FAQs About Massage Therapy
Q: How long does massage therapy take?
A: This depends on your condition and type of massage therapy, but it can span anytime from 30 minutes up to 90 minutes. Consult with our licensed massage therapists today to find out how long massage therapy can take for you.
Q: Am I a good candidate for massage therapy?
A: Only a few conditions may prevent you from getting a massage, but don’t book an appointment if you feel sick or have a contagious disease. If you’re diagnosed with a serious medical condition and you’re not sure if massage therapy is good for you, then make sure to consult with our therapists first.
Q: Is it normal to feel pain during massage therapy?
A: It’s normal for clients to feel some kind of pressure during their massage therapy, but it shouldn’t be too painful. If your treatment causes unusual pain, tell our massage therapist immediately so we can adjust the massage to your needs.
Q: What kind of massage therapy add-ons can I try?
A: Although massage therapies by themselves are already effective, adding other treatments can help you achieve better results. Our massage therapy add-ons that cost an additional $25 per treatment are scalp massage with Doterra oils, steamed aromatic towels, hydrating soy paraffin, aromatherapy, 15-minute cupping, and warm bamboo.
Wellness, Skincare, and Spa Treatments at Skin Health Medi-Spa
At Skin Health Medi-Spa, we want our guests to experience a personalized body treatment and massage experience. Our full range of massage therapy techniques is customizable to meet your specific needs. We’re passionate about giving you the ultimate med spa experience, so call us today to book an appointment or to learn more about our massage therapy services.